The schedule and map for Sunday May 4 from 1-5pm. Check back soon to find out what we are planning for the May event Activity Hubs!
Below is the info from the last event, which took place 1 pm to 4 pm Sunday Sept 22nd, 2013 in the Southside of Ithaca along Plain and Clinton Streets.
Along the Route: Unannounced and spontaneous activity. Please keep at least ½ the street clear for biking, walking, rolling.
There are also activities at the four ends of the route.
At Southside Community Center:
- RIBs quick bike repair clinic
- Talk Transportation with elected officials
- Congo Square Market Food Vendors and LIVE MUSIC
- Tours of Southside Community Center from 1:30-3pm
- The special Dr. Nia Harlem Shake Off at 2:30pm
- Information Table and Volunteer Training
At the south end of Plain Street by Baker Park:
- Ithaca Carshare Free Ice Cream Giveaway
- Finger Lakes Fitness Center Dancing in the Streets
Zumba & Dance Fitness
At the west end of Clinton Street by Corn Street:
- Way2Go Bike Rodeo and Helmet Giveaway with Cornell Bike Police
- TCAT try out the bike on bus rack
- Free Popcorn with Way2Go
At the east end of Clinton Street by Albany Street:
- Street Games hosted by numerous community organizations
- Greenstar Smoothie Bike
- Free Watermelon with Get Your Greenback Tompkins
PLUS: On/Near the Titus/Plain Bridge:
- Waltzing Across The Bridge with Gail Blake, Tim Ball & Andrea Katz 1:30-3pm
- Japanese Taiko Drumming with Cornell’s Yamatai at 3pm
At the intersection of Clinton & Plain, help the Ithaca Public Art Commission draw a gigantic pavement mural, a.k.a. ‘intersection repair’.
Bathrooms are available in Southside Community Center.
Event ends at 4 pm sharp and the streets reopen to car traffic. Please clear the street accordingly.
A note about Activity Along the Route
This is your street. Enjoy it. If you wish to add an activity, you can. Pick a site on a part of the street, chalk your space and have fun. Hacky sac, hula hooping, even street hockey. Just make sure to leave more than 1/2 the street for traffic flow – cyclists, walkers, strollers, etc. If you are planning in advance, you can let people know on Facebook.