Streets Alive! Ithaca will be held on Sunday, May 4th 2014 from 1-5pm on North Cayuga Street and Court Street in Ithaca, NY. The main focus of the event is enjoying a street open for people to bike, walk, roll and move.
Ithaca High School Activity Hub
- Bike Rodeo with Cornell Police
- Electric Bikes with Larry Clarkberg
- ICE CREAM by Dennis!
- TCAT Bus – try out your bike on the bus!
- Mobile Bike Repair with RIBS, Friends Bike Clinic and the Bike Rack
- Earth Day at Boynton Middle School parking lot
- INFO BOOTH
- VOLUNTEER CHECKIN
Between IHS and Thompson Park
- Taiko Drumming
- El Rumbon Band – Cayuga @ West Falls from 1:30-3:30PM
- Ithaca Children’s Garden – mobile garden
- School of Rock
Thompson Park Activity Hub
- Jane Jacobs Walks leave at 2PM and 3PM
- Urban Plant Walk with Finger Lakes Native Plant Society leaves at 2PM
- Food trucks (across the street at Kinney Drugs)
- Greenstar Smoothie Bike – also will be mobile
- Local organization activities
- INFO BOOTH
Between Thompson Park and GIAC
- Dancing in the Streets! on Court at Cayuga with Finger Lakes Fitness
- Bike Artification and Public Chalk art
- Jump roping and street games
GIAC Activity Hub
- Electric Slide
- Tai Chi with Ithaca Tai Chi
- Soccer team demo with GIAC Navigators
- Big Red Bikes – borrow a bike and try out the route!
- Mobile Bike Repair with Bomber Bikes and the Cornell Bike Collective
Mobile Activities – Walk the Route and Catch Them!
- Meet Your Local Representatives – local reps enjoy the street
- Eat N Run running group
- GIAC on Court Street
- Thompson Park Port-o-potty (Accessible for the disabled)
- Tabernacle Baptist Church on Cayuga at Lincoln
A note about Activity Along the Route
This is your street. Enjoy it. If you wish to add an activity, you can. Pick a site on a part of the street, chalk your space and have fun. Hacky sac, hula hooping, even street hockey. Just make sure to leave more than 1/2 the street for traffic flow – cyclists, walkers, strollers, etc. If you are planning in advance, you can let people know on Facebook.