The next STREETS ALIVE! will be Sunday May 4th 2014 1-5pm on North Cayuga Street and Court Street!
More details soon.
Meanwhile, come be inspired at the second Streets Alive! Film Festival
Cinemapolis, Ithaca NY * Thurs March 13, 2014 * Doors open 7pm * Films start 7:30pm
FREE and Open to the Public. Door prizes. Free Popcorn to the first 75 people. Poster pdf.
Streets Alive! Photo Gallery:
The Streets Alive! Film Festival is:
* A rescreening of films from StreetFilms.org and FilmedByBike Film Festival.
* A brief introduction to the new Bike Walk advocacy group in town and plans for the year ahead.
* A source of inspiration for all things bike, walk, active transportation, livable streets, open streets, healthy activity, community art, human scaled cities, and more.
* A selection of 20+ great short films from around the world, and a chance to enjoy them all in good company.
STREETS ALIVE! is:
* a biannual celebration of a street closed to cars and open to people. The main focus of the event is enjoying a street open for people to bike, walk, roll and move. It’s an invitation to be active and to explore alternative ways of moving around in the city.
Streets Alive! Ithaca, on September 22nd in the Southside neighborhood of Ithaca, was a wonderful success. Thank you to all the friends, neighbors, community members, visitors, passerby, and VOLUNTEERS who came out to make our streets come alive.
The first Streets Alive! was Sept 21, 2012, and the second, May 5, 2013. On September 22nd, 2013, it happened in a new part of the City. People got to know each other, know their city a little better and enjoyed the freedom of all that public space available for moving and playing.
So, come join us during the next Streets Alive! Ithaca. Enjoy the street closed to cars and open to people. Bring your wheels, bring your friends and family, tell your neighbors, and make your streets come alive! Free and open to all.
Connect with us on Facebook.